Full and Part-Time Cashiers
Posting closes March 15, 2019
Full and Part-Time Cashiers Wanted - A Great Opportunity For High School & University Students
At Nicholas Alexander Home & Garden, we are really excited and starting to think about our spring season! Are you looking for a position in a fun, fast-paced environment as a part or full-time cashier?
Located in Vernon, BC, we are a destination garden centre/nursery selling beautiful plants, gardening merchandise, home decor, ladies fashion and so much more!
We have part-time (30 hours a week) positions available immediately and additional full-time positions (40 hours a week) available for April through August. You must be able to work weekends.
Reporting to the Lead Cashier, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing customer sales at the cash register
- Keeping the front end of the store clean, neat, tidy and safe
- Assist in store opening and closing activities
- Assist in plant care (watering and dead-heading) to ensure plants are healthy
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Be able to work at a fast pace
- Be computer and Point-Of-Sale savvy
- Have previous cashier experience preferably in a retail environment
- Willing to be outside in any weather
- Knowledge of plants an asset
- A great team player
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and be able to carry 10 – 15 pounds repeatedly through the length of the garden centre
- Ability to be on your feet for 6 – 8 hours a day
- Compensation will be starting in the range of $14.00 – $15.00/hour based on experience
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org